We’re seeking a passionate, skilled, and energetic Human Resources Generalist to work at our growth-phase startup based in New York City. Our team is a talented and diverse group developing innovative ways to empower people to lead healthier lives through data-driven insights.
The HR Generalist is responsible for developing and maintaining One Drop’s culture, and aligning human assets with business strategies. The HR Generalist will serve as a key resource for best practice HR experiences. This individual will develop and manage the human resource policies and programs that support these functions. This person will also be responsible for sourcing and orienting industry leading talent, and fostering company culture.
- Growth: Work directly with the CEO to grow the company’s human capital.
- New Employee Sourcing & Orientation: Acquire and orient best-in-class talent while continuously improving the new employee orientation experience.
- Benefit Administration: Implement benefit administration to include claims resolution, reporting, and communication of benefit information to all staff.
- Policy Implementation: Strategize, actuate and enforce strategic HR plans and policies for all company personnel. Implement corporate-driven programs to improve operating performance, career development, and morale.
- Employee Relations & Organization Development: Respond to all employee relations and organizational development issues. Also, maintain human resource records during on-boarding, terminations, and changes in job classification.
- AND, ALL the other hats you wear as an HR professional.
- Get in on the ground-floor on a massively ambitious project
- Deeply impact the lives of hundreds of millions of people worldwide
- Modern, flexible, progressive workplace
- Unlimited vacation time
- Convenient LES location
- Healthcare tech, yeah!
Our Ideal Candidate
- A bachelor’s degree
- Strong business acumen, communication skills, and a high level of initiative
- Experience proactively crafting & implementing creative alternatives to traditional HR practices
- Experience generating value add programs that align with company priorities, such as training and development
- Pleasantly assertive and able to influence change
- Ability to address sensitive issues effectively
- Passion for developing people
- Must live and breathe the importance of confidentiality
- Start-up company culture experience is a PLUS
- 3+ years of professional level HR Generalist experience or higher
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification preferred
About One Drop
One Drop is a digital health company harnessing the power of mobile computing and data science to empower people with diabetes to live healthier lives. We believe diabetes management should be an integrated part of your lifestyle — something that empowers, motivates, and keeps you mindful. Beyond tracking and analyzing all of the essentials — blood glucose, medication, food, and activity — the One Drop platform provides three types of in-app support: personal data-driven insights, a worldwide community for peer support, and one-on-one expert support. Almost 500 million people around the world are living with diabetes. Our mission is to connect everyone and provide the resources needed to thrive and navigate diabetes, together.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and links to interesting projects or your website.