Cauliflower Mash: fluffy, creamy, delicious, and practically carb-free. Tastes so close to the real thing, you'll never miss mashed potatoes again! In fact, there's a good chance you'll like this low carb alternative even more. 🤩
Ready in 45 minutes.
Only 5 carbs per serving.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2-4 tbsp of cream cheese (start with 2; add more to make a creamier mash)
- 2 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese OR grated parmesan cheese (either works!)
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Clean cauliflower and break apart into medium-sized pieces (discard center stalk).
2. Place cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl/container and add 2 tbsp of cream cheese and 1 tbsp of butter.
3. Microwave on high until caulifower is soft (~10-12 minutes), stirring halfway through.
4. Add the cheddar/parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper to the mix of cauliflower, butter, and cream cheese.
5. Toss in food processor or blender to blend thoroughly.
6. Taste and adjust as needed: (i) add more cream cheese for creamier mash (optional); (ii) add salt & pepper to taste (optional).
Voila! Low Carb Perfection.
Serve with steak, fish, or chicken -- it all works!