Have Your Pie & Eat It, Too
Have this lusciously low carb pie for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
I've only just stumbled across the Low Carb with Jennifer blog and realized how much I’ve been missing! Her recipes are insane. In the most wonderful way imaginable!
They’re entirely (as you might guess) low carb. Not only that, they are all absurdly scrumptious.
And this one in particular should not be missed. Think: one great, big, giant cheesy pie! It’s insanely, ridiculously cheesy and full of leafy greens. If quiche is your thing, let this simple, 3-step crustless quiche be your new thing.
It makes for a wonderfully, nutrition-packed meal! And takes only about 45 minutes to make.
As for the real test, blood sugars? Works like a charm. My piece of pie only meant dosing 2U of Humalog.
My pre-meal blood sugar was a solid 156 mg/dL. And, two hours later, no highs or lows to be had, I was looking at a 112 mg/dL.
It works! This crustless quiche pie is not only filling and low carb, it is absolutely, stupendously, delicious. Here's how to make yours.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Diced Onion
- 1 12 ounce Package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of liquid
- 5 Large Eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 2 Cups Shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion until it is translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F. Spray a pie pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, add in the spinach, onion, beaten egg, heavy cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cheese. Stir until all combined. Pour into the pie plate.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Cut into 6 slices and serve.
Serving: 1 slice