Follow these steps to check your blood sugar using your One Drop meter:
- Wash your hands with soap and water and dry thoroughly with a clean towel.
- Lance the side of any fingertip, then gently massage finger from base to tip until blood drop appears.
- If there’s not enough blood on your fingertip, use the slider on the lancing device to adjust the depth of the needle and lance again.
- Insert a new test strip into the strip port.
- Wait for "apply sample to test strip" animation to appear on the meter screen.
- Apply blood drop to the end of the inserted strip. Do not apply blood on the top of the test strip.
- Listen for a beep. Remove your finger from the test strip and wait for the reading.
If your One Drop meter is set up with the app, your glucose reading will upload automatically. One Drop test strips only require 0.5 microliters (uL) of blood. That's just one small drop!
How to change your lancet
- Remove cap from lancing device.
- Select a new lancet and gently loosen cap.
- Keep the loosened cap on and firmly press new lancet into lancing device.
- Once lancet is fully inserted, remove and discard lancet cap.
- Replace lancing device cap over newly inserted lancet.
- Pull back the end of the lancing device to activate lancet.
- Press button to release.
How to dispose of a lancet and test strips after taking a blood sugar reading
How to remove a used lancet:
- Pull off the lancing device cap.
- Place the plastic lancet cap back on the used lancet.
- Slide the lancet remover (located on the side of the lancing device) to eject the lancet.
- Dispose of the used lancet in a sharps container.
How to dispose of used test strips:
After receiving your reading, dispose of your used test strip immediately.
Place the used test strip in a clearly marked box that can be completely sealed. This can be the same sharps box as your used lancets.
Note: always check your test strip box for specific instructions on disposing of used test strips.
Updated: December 04, 2019