Follow these steps to check your blood pressure using the A&D Blood Pressure Cuff/Monitor:
- Set up your blood pressure device with the One Drop app. Click here for instructions.
- Lay your left arm flat on the table with palm up.
- Wrap the cuff on your upper arm and fasten the cuff tight enough so you can slide two fingers underneath it, between the cuff and your upper arm.
- Sit comfortably with your arm resting on a flat surface, elevated to heart level, palm up.
- Press the START button on the blood pressure device display.
- Sit quietly as the cuff inflates and deflates around your upper arm.
- Wait for the blood pressure measurement to complete. When the measurement is complete, the cuff deflates automatically.
- Your systolic, diastolic pressure and pulse rate will appear on the device screen. Only your systolic and diastolic pressure will upload to the One Drop mobile app after initial device setup. Results are stored in the blood pressure cuff/monitor when your mobile device is not available.
Tips for checking your blood pressure:
- Compare blood pressure taken at the same time each day.
- Sit in the same chair/position.
- Do NOT cross legs and keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Relax for several minutes before you begin.
- Sit still during the process—avoid talking, eating or sudden movements.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-437-1474 (press) to speak to a One Drop support agent.
Updated: January 10, 2020