Follow these steps to check your blood pressure using the A&D blood pressure cuff:
- Set up your blood pressure cuff with the One Drop app.
- Sit comfortably at a table or next to an elevated surface.
- Lay your left arm flat on the table, elevated to heart level, with your palm facing up.
- Wrap the cuff on your upper arm. Fasten the cuff tight enough so you can slide two fingers underneath it, between the cuff and your upper arm.
- Press the START button on the blood pressure device display.
- Sit quietly as the cuff inflates and deflates around your upper arm.
- Wait for the blood pressure measurement to complete. When the measurement is complete, the cuff deflates automatically.
- Your systolic and diastolic blood pressure and your pulse will appear on the device screen.
Only your systolic and diastolic pressure will automatically upload to the One Drop app. All of your results are stored in the A&D blood pressure cuff.
Tips for checking your blood pressure
- Check your blood pressure at the same time every day and in the same position, if possible.
- Try to take several deep, relaxing breaths before checking your blood pressure.
- Do not eat or take medications right before checking your blood pressure.
- Do not cross your legs while taking your blood pressure. Keep your feet flat on the floor.
- When taking your blood pressure, remain as still as possible. Avoid talking and sudden movements.