Watch our setup video for step-by-step instructions.
If you're setting up your One Drop meter for the first time, make sure that your phone software and One Drop app are up to date.
If you don't have the One Drop app, download it for free on your iOS or Android device.
In order for readings to upload automatically from your device to the One Drop app, your device must be within a few feet of your phone. You will also need to confirm that One Drop has permission to connect via Bluetooth. Your phone must be running iOS 13 or higher or Android OS 6 or higher for Bluetooth permissions to work.
After downloading the One Drop app, a pop-up will appear asking you for permission to sync with Bluetooth accessories. Say OK and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you accidentally dismissed the pop-up, no worries! Simply follow these instructions to grant permission:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Scroll down to where all your apps are listed, and tap One Drop.
- Toggle Bluetooth ON.
Note: When your glucose meter is not actively taking a reading, the meter will appear as “not connected” in your list of Bluetooth devices.
To set up your meter, follow these steps:
- Make sure your phone's Bluetooth is turned on and your meter is within a few feet of your phone.
- Open the One Drop app.
- Choose the profile icon in the upper right to visit My Account.
- Choose Set Up a Connected Device, then Glucose Meter.
- Select the One Drop meter from the list of glucose meters.
- Press and hold the power button on your glucose meter until a Bluetooth symbol flashes on the meter screen.
- Look for a checkmark on your meter.
Check your blood sugar using your One Drop meter and watch the results automatically transfer to the One Drop app.
Your device should remember your meter. You do not need to pair your meter to your device each time you check your blood sugar.
To confirm your device and meter are still paired, check your phone’s Bluetooth settings. You should see ONEDROP in your devices list. It does not need to be connected to sync readings to your app.
If you checked your blood sugar prior to setup, those meter readings will not transfer to the One Drop app. Non-transferable readings will display a line next to the glucose value, rather than a time and date. You can manually add blood sugar readings you took prior to setup by tapping on the icon in the lower left, then tapping Glucose.
We’re here to help! If you’re having trouble setting up your One Drop meter, call 1-800-437-1474 (US/CA) or +44 808-164-8300 (UK/EU) for technical support.