How to Import Meter Readings to the One Drop App
First, make sure you have set up your glucose meter with the One Drop mobile app. For help with setting up your device, click here.
After setup, your meter readings will automatically upload to the One Drop app.
- Check your blood sugar using your One Drop meter.
- Open the One Drop app, or make sure the app is running in the background and that you are logged into your One Drop account.
- If the reading does not automatically upload, press the button for no more than 5 seconds until a checkmark appears on your meter display.
- Look for a success screen in the One Drop app, or for a pop-up if you have enabled manual confirmation (see below).
If you have enabled "Confirm All Readings Before Import", the One Drop app will present a pop-up before uploading new blood glucose readings. Select the individual readings you wish to import or tap "Import All".
- Select carefully! If you do not select your meter reading(s) at the time a pop-up appears you will not be asked to import the same reading(s) at a later date. Any unselected readings will have to be manually entered in the One Drop app.
Dos & Don'ts of Importing Glucose Meter Readings to the One Drop App
✅Do turn your phone's Bluetooth on. Bluetooth is required for the initial setup and to wirelessly upload blood glucose readings to the One Drop app thereafter.
✅Do make sure you are running the latest software on your mobile phone and you are using the latest release of the One Drop app for iOS or Android.
✅Do keep your One Drop app running (open or in the background). Do not regularly force-quit the One Drop app.
✅Do keep your glucose meter within 10 feet of your phone when attempting to upload readings from your glucose meter to the app.
✅Do make sure your meter is paired with your phone. To check, open your phone's Bluetooth settings and look for ONE DROP or your glucose meter's serial number in the list of paired Bluetooth devices.
❌ Don't remove your One Drop meter from your phone's list of Bluetooth devices (located in your phone's Settings) or from the One Drop app.
❌ Don't hold down the meter button for more than 10 seconds.
❌ Don't force quit the One Drop app. Leave the app running in the background when you are not actively using One Drop.
For technical assistance, please call 1-800-437-1474. We are here to help!
Updated: November 29, 2019