The $363 billion annual spend on healthcare services, medicines, and lost productivity due to heart disease in the U.S. is expected to hit a staggering $818.1 billion in yearly expenditures by 2030.
Estimated losses include the following:
- The health system loses $216 billion annually due to heart disease and stroke
- On-the-job productivity is reduced by $147 billion annually due to both heart disease and stroke
- An average of 13 work days are missed per person per year due to heart disease alone
The truth is that 90% of the nearly 18 million heart disease cases worldwide are preventable through adopting a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and not smoking.
That’s why we’ve put together a tip sheet for Heart Health Month to help employers support their teams in preventing heart disease.
A people-first chronic condition management program like One Drop can also help lower the risk of heart disease for your employees by prioritizing self-care with:
- Recipes, meal plans, exercise routines, and more
- Health predictions, insights, trends, and reminders
- Personal health coaching
Talk to an expert about One Drop’s employer solutions and see how we can help. Reach out to us directly at email@example.com.