Outcomes that stand out
Clinically effective approach. Meaningful results.
One Drop program participants experience life-changing results, including lower estimated A1C in as little as three months. Our program participants are more active, eat smarter, and build healthy habits that last.
1.9% eA1C reduction1
35 minutes of additional activity per week2,3
20g fewer carbs per meal2,3
Savings up to $2,450 per person per year
Our peer-reviewed studies demonstrate that One Drop lowers A1C by 0.8% to 1.9% in just 3 months. These A1C reductions can drive $1,000 - $2,450 in direct cost savings per participant per year.4,5,6,7
Advancing health equity by improving outcomes
One Drop is committed to conducting outcomes research to the best of our abilities that investigates program effectiveness within historically marginalized and minority communities in a way that provides benefits to individual participants, does no harm, and generates meaningful insights for continuous program improvement.Read More
More than 20+ peer-reviewed publications and posters presented at national scientific meetings prove that One Drop delivers results for people living with chronic conditions.
The One Drop Diabetes iOS and WatchOS App with In-App Coaching from Certified Diabetes Educators Improves Blood Glucose, Carbohydrate Intake, and Physical Activity2,3
A Machine-Learning Model Accurately Predicts Projected Blood Glucose8
People with Type 2 Diabetes Paying for a One Drop | Expert Coach Improve and Maintain ‘At Goal’ Blood Glucose1
Citations and Footnotes
1. Osborn CY, et al. “People with Type 2 Diabetes Paying for a One Drop | Expert Coach Improve and Maintain ‘at Goal’ Blood Glucose.” Poster session presented at the Society of Behavioral Medicine 39th Scientific Sessions, San Diego, CA. (April 2018)
2. Osborn CY, et al. “The One Drop | Mobile App with In-App Coaching Improves Blood Glucose and Self-Care.” Poster session presented at the 77th Annual Meeting of the American Diabetes Association, San Diego, CA. (June 2017)
3. Osborn CY, et al. “The one drop diabetes iOS and WatchOS app with in-app coaching from certified diabetes educators improves blood glucose, carbohydrate intake, and physical activity.” Oral presentation at Stanford MedicineX, Palo Alto, CA (Sept 2017).
4. Hirsch A, Heyman M, Raymond J, Huddleston B, Dachis J, Osborn CY. One Drop and Fitbit improve A1C among people with type 1 diabetes. Ann Behav Med (SBM Abstract Book). in press;53(Suppl 1).
5. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers: Medical Care [CPIMEDSL]. 2018. Accessed October 9, 2018.
6. Grabner M , Abbott S , Nguyen M, Chen Y, Quimbo R. Estimated Cost Savings Associated With A1C Reductions In A Large US Commercial Health Plan. Value in Health. 2013; 16: A1-A298
7. Cost savings and ROI estimates are based on medical cost savings published by Grabner et al. Cost savings for A1C improvements are adjusted to current 2021 values using the medical component of the Consumer Price Index for each year of costs reported. Cost savings estimates are based on findings from two randomized control trials evaluating One Drop’s effect on A1C. Return on investment calculations are based on per person, monthly enrolled participant cost of One Drop’s diabetes program.
8. Goldner DR, Osborn CY, Sears LE, Huddleston B, Dachis J. “A machine-learning model accurately predicts projected blood glucose”.Diabetes. 2018 Jul; 67 (Supplement 1).