At least a billion people eat chocolate every day around the world. And that’s on the conservative side. For those of us living with diabetes, though, chocolate can be a tough subject. Sure, there’s always the dark version. And honestly, most of us should probably be enjoying it more often for all its health benefits!
But sometimes, dark chocolate squares just don’t quite hit the spot. That’s exactly where these keto chocolate muffins come in. You get the fluffy, crumbly, scrumptious textures, plus the robust, sweet, and creamy flavors without the added stressors that come with most chocolatey sweetbreads.
When you’re in the mood for that soft, sweet, pastry-like chocolate deliciousness, look no further than these low carb chocolate muffins. They have rich, chocolate flavor from the cocoa powder in the batter, plus bits of gooey, melted dark chocolate in the middle.
Enjoy these for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Or really, any time of day. I particularly like sipping a fresh cup of coffee with my slightly warmed muffin. And unlike chocolate croissants, this keto chocolate muffin won’t deter me (and my blood sugars) for the rest of the day.
Chocolate for breakfast? Don’t mind if I do.
Low Carb Double Dark Chocolate Muffins
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup zero-carb sweetener (I prefer Swerve)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (Lily's are best)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325° F and line muffin cups with parchment paper liners (you can also skip the liners, they simply make the release process a bit easier)
- Combine sour cream, eggs, and vanilla; stir or blend
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir or blend
- Combine both mixtures, then add in all but 1 tbsp of chocolate chips. Divide batter into muffin cups, then top each with remaining chocolate chips
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until they pass
- Remove and let cool in the pan