The Withings Body smart scale allows you to seamlessly log each weight reading, so you can track your progress over time and make meaningful changes for your health. Below are instructions on how to set up your scale and weigh yourself.
If you are having trouble setting up your device with the One Drop app, please make sure your last name has at least three characters, a requirement from Withings for account creation.
Set up your scale
- On the back of the scale, remove the plastic tab from the battery compartment.
- Make sure your phone's Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on (required).
- Open the One Drop app.
- Choose the profile icon in the upper right to visit My Account.
- Choose Set Up a Connected Device.
- Choose Scale.
- Select Withings Body.
- Follow the prompts in the app to finish setup.
- Weigh yourself using your scale and watch the results automatically transfer to the One Drop app within minutes.
How to weigh yourself
You can record a scale reading by stepping on the scale with both feet. If your weight is not properly distributed, arrows are displayed on the scale to indicate in which direction you should lean to stabilize your weight.
Once your weight appears on the scale, it should show up in the One Drop app within five minutes.
Try to weigh yourself at the same time every day. The best time to do it is in the morning after you’ve used the restroom and before eating or drinking. Wear as few clothes as possible.
Please note that any reading taken with the scale will be recorded in the account of the member who set up the device. At this time, the “Invite Friends” function (i.e. syncing multiple One Drop accounts with the same Withings scale) is not supported.
Troubleshooting steps for your Withings Body scale
If you experience any connectivity issues with your Withings Body smart scale, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Step away from your scale for five minutes. It may take up to five minutes for new weight values to transfer from your scale to the One Drop app.
- Check your internet connection. Your phone requires an internet connection to import any new weight values from your scale. Please check to make sure your smartphone is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi.
- Check your Wi-Fi router. Your router creates and communicates with your Wi-Fi network. Make sure your router is turned on and working properly. Note: Withings devices are compatible only with a 2.4ghz wireless frequency. Check your Wi-Fi settings to ensure you are on a 2.4ghz frequency, i.e. “MyInternet” and not “MyInternet-5G.” If you continue to have issues, please follow the instructions below to connect with the One Drop customer care team.
Updated: July 19, 2021